This morning I went in for a lining check as well as blood work to see if I am all set for Progesterone shots and the transfer next Friday. My lining looked great and my ovaries were quiet, so after I did a quick blood draw I headed out for my annual girls trip to Bear Lake.
This year’s theme is Bitches Be Free 2015 and I couldn’t wait to get on the road to start my mini vacation. After getting the car packed, grabbing two friends we were on the road to meet up with the other ladies who went up the night before. We stopped in at the liquor store to grab a few necessities and then were on our way. I love stopping in there to see all the choices they have and try to find unique items we can’t get in Utah. After passing through a bunch of tiny towns and the canyon, we arrived just before noon and settled into the day with catching up and relaxing.
When my phone rang and I saw who was calling, I knew it wasn’t going to be the best of news. Rachel let me know that they would call if something was wrong, otherwise I was to start my shots on Sunday and I would see them for the FET the following Friday. So hearing that my blood work is indicating that I may be ready to ovulate, I started to feel so discouraged. We have come so far, having to go through a partial cycle more than once in the beginning to extract eggs and try to sync up my cycle for a fresh transfer, to our last negative outcome. Ugh, I just want things to move more smoothly this time around.
I had limited options, I could go in tomorrow morning for an anti-ovulation shot, but since I was nearly 3 hours away, this just wasn’t an option. I could also take my progesterone shots, but since they were at home that wasn’t an option. The final and not so optimal option was to just wait it out until Monday for a new blood draw to see if things have progressed. By process of elimination, I ended with option 3. Now I have to just wait it out and see what happens. Of course, the worst part is letting Sara and Derek know that the good news I sent earlier today isn’t turning out to be accurate, plus I had to let them know that I opted to not take the shot and stay on vacation, which had a 20% chance of a dropped cycle. As always, Sara was so supportive of the decision and we will just have to wait until Monday to see what our next steps are.
Rather than focusing on Monday, I plan to immerse myself in weekend and take full advantage of absolutely no responsibilities what so ever…with the exception of having to make a breakfast Sunday morning. We have a full evening ahead of us, Gina brought up a few new games to play and I brought up LRC as well as Cards Against Humanity. Last year, we laughed more than I have ever laughed playing games and drinking well into the early morning and I plan to keep that tradition going.